Avalanche Lake - My Favorite City

Click & Cash

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday 28 December 2015

Avalanche Lake

Avalanche Lake

The reason I came to ooty was to actually visit the aforementioned Doddabetta peak but wasn’t quite satisfied with amount of indulgence I was seeking with the nature. Although It was suggested by a local there and wasn’t on my itinerary, this place made me love my visit to ooty. Located in the heart of the Nilgiris 28 kilometers from ooty, Avalanche lake is certainly a wanderer’s haven. The surrounding landscape is simply mesmerizing. You can camp beside the lake in tents and enjoy trout fishing. There’s also a hatchery located nearby where you can get the fishing rod and other fishing equipment at. It’s an amazing trek location that made me stay here for 2 days at this place. The place derives its name from a landslide that occurred sometime in the early 1800’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages